My obsession for clothing, shoes, and handbags has been ongoing since I was probably about four-years-old. Over the last several years, however, I have slowly been gaining interest in the beauty world. As everyone knows, Glossier has been an ongoing best seller to the Gen Z market. I was curious about the brand as I was constantly coming across their millennial pink, genius advertising. Their brand packaging includes an array of glossy lips, shimmer, and pink/white box combinations, and their New York City showroom is to die for. This brand has become a staple in my everyday beauty routine, with two other popular standouts- Mario Badescu and Soap & Glory.
My Morning Essentials:
- I start every morning by spritzing my face with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray. My morning spray has Aloe, Herbs, and Rosemary included, and instantly helps me wake up. I tend to have skin that is more on the dry side, so this hydrating mist is perfect for me!
- I then wash my face with Burt’s Bees Peach & Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub. This facial wash I will continue to recommend to my friends because it really does reduce pore size in addition to smelling AMAZING!
- For mornings when I am feeling a little more glamorous, and well glossy, I use Glossier’s Milk Jelly Cleanser. I also recently found out that this product removes eye makeup really well when you apply it without water, so I find myself using it more during my nighttime skincare routine.
- Last but not least, I use Valjean Labs Glow Facial Serum (I got it at Urban Outfitters) which includes Vitamin C and helps to reduce skin redness! This staple is great for the mornings when I don’t wear any facial makeup because it creates a nice, even tone across my face.
- For overall skin moisturizing, I stick to Soap & Glory Up-Toned Girl Moisturizer. It smells amazing and is perfect for everyday use, especially after showering. I also am sure to keep Soap & Glory’s Hand Food cream in my purse at all times. I was drawn to the brand because of their cheeky packaging and fun product names.
My Makeup Essentials:
- As mentioned, I am a huge Glossier fan. My number one Glossier product recommendation is the Boy Brow. I am very fortunate that I have thicker eyebrows which grow in at a nice shape. Seeing as I have never had my eyebrows done, I have always been a fan of the thick, full look which this eyebrow brush/gel combo definitely achieves.
- I am being completely transparent when I say that I wear absolutely no foundation. I achieve my even skin tone through using the “Glow” facial serum that I mentioned earlier in conjunction with Glossier’s Wowder and Glossier’s Stretch Concealer in the light shade. The Wowder is definitely one of the best product’s I have purchased from Glossier because it matches my skin tone really well and doesn’t look too cakey.
- I also am a huge fan of Glossier’s Haloscope. I saw this product advertised all over Instagram and I actually bought it in a duo pack with my Boy Brow. The haloscope really adds a great amount of shine to my skin and definitely highlights my cheekbones in the best way. For mornings when I opt to not wear any eyeshadow, I apply some of my haloscope to my eyelids for a nice hint of shimmer.
- For mornings when I am not feeling so lazy, I use the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette which I just got for Christmas. The palette has a wonderful mix of everyday neutral colors and shimmery, dark tones for nights out.
- As for my lips, I rely solely on Glossier’s Generation G and Birthday Cake Balm Dot Com (which really does smell amazing). For evenings when I am feeling a bit more daring I opt for a nice vibrant red lip like the Russian Red tone from MAC.